Bus and Transportation Information
Please take a careful look at our bus routes this year. You may not ride the same bus as last year. If there is not a specific time listed next to a stop figure roughly the time in between the times give before and after.
If you have any questions, please call Pat Stevens at 435-9871.
|Route 26||Route 27|
|Route 28||Route 29|
|Pre - K|
Transportation and School Drop-off/Pick-up Procedures 2023 - 2024
There have been changes to the routes since last year, so please be sure to check the bus route links on the website for bus routes and pick-up/drop-off times. Students may have assigned seats on the bus.
Please remember that all transportation changes need to be in writing by 12pm on regular school days or by 8:45am on early dismissal days. If there is an emergency after these times and a change must be made, please call the main office. The office staff may not be able to regularly check emails after 12pm. There will be no bus changes allowed this year. Please see the student handbook for further details.
Elementary Building - Drop off time is 8:30 am
The main entrance for the elementary school building is the lower parking lot entrance. There will be no entry directly into the traffic circle. We ask that you follow all the traffic signs when driving through the campus. Please remember that parking is not permitted on either traffic circle and that there should be a single line of traffic during drop-off and pick-up times. For safety reasons, please do not pass the car in front of you unless directed by the staff. As you can imagine, teachers who are assigned to help manage student arrival and dismissal are uncomfortable reminding you of these rules, so we rely on all of you to please help us by doing your part. If there are problems or questions, please contact me.
Grade 1-5 Drop Off: If you are dropping off your child, please plan to arrive in the main traffic circle at 8:30am. There will be a staff member present to help direct your child to their assigned entrance. Once again we are asking parents of children in Grade 1-5 to stay in your vehicle at drop off.
PK-EK-K Drop Off:
If you are dropping off your PK-EK-K child and need to assist them in getting out of the car, please plan to park in the “student assisted drop off” area and walk your child up the path to the overhang where a staff member will assist you.
*Please remember we will not have staff supervision before the drop off times listed above.
Walkers: Please plan to arrive at 8:30 am. There will not be adult supervision before that time.
PK-5 pick up will continue to be at the main traffic circle at 3:10pm. Students waiting will be monitored by staff . Again, we are asking parents to stay in your vehicle for pick up when at all possible. If you need to assist your child with getting into the car or buckling a car seat, please park in the parent parking area and come up to pick up your child.
Middle School - Drop-off time is 8:25 am
Walkers/Drop Off: Please plan to arrive at 8:25am. Please remember that parking is not permitted at the traffic circle and that there should be a single line of traffic during drop-off and pick-up times. Students should go directly into the middle school through the main front door. They will no longer be waiting outside. Students will enter the building and head directly to their homeroom.
Pick Up: Please plan to pick up your student at 3:05pm. Vehicles will pull into the middle school circle and remain in a single file for pick up. Please remain in your cars at pick up as students are dismissed through the front entrance of the middle school. We appreciate your patience during this time as we dismiss your students.
Below is a link for transportation notes. Our policy states that any bus, pick-up, or walker changes need to be in writing and to the office no later than 12 noon. Middle school students must follow the same procedures and hand in their note to Mrs. Dunlavey in the Middle School office. If you have any questions, please contact Mrs. Stevens in the elementary office.
Cancellations, Delays, Dismissals
It is important for you to know:
• The decision on cancellation or delay is made between 4:00 a.m. and 5:30 a.m.
• Early dismissal decisions are made by 11:00 a.m.
• The decision is communicated to radio and TV stations as soon as it is made. You will be able to learn if schools are delayed, cancelled or being dismissed early, by tuning in to any of the nine radio stations or television stations covering the region and the State or your local channels (WTIC, WKZE, WZBG, WQQQ, WSBS, WDAQ/WLAD, WTNH-TV8, WFSB-TV3 and WVIT-TV30).
• All delays will be 2 hour in length, if a delay is determined to be the best course of action for the day.
• The parent is the best judge of the conditions in your neighborhood or on your hill or road. Please know that if you do not think it is safe to send your child on the bus then you should use your best judgment in making that decision. Road conditions can vary extremely on roads and hills in our 275 square mile region.
• All available town road crews are consulted about each town’s road conditions, as are the CT State Police, and the State road crew.
• Please understand the safety of our children is the reason why school is cancelled or delayed. We do what we can to make the most appropriate call for conditions.